Monday, May 3, 2010

What's A Girl To Do?

My loved ones know that I struggle with insecurity. Really, do you know a woman who doesn't in this sexed-up, disposable culture? Most hide it well, but no, not me. My wounds overflow just as quickly in public as they do in private. God is working on me, but the whole issue has definitely gotten worse before it gets better. I mean, I have said some of the most immature, embarrassing, and insane things lately, and all on Facebook. Is that horrifying, or what? Never say never, Sister. It could happen to you too.

See, that's just the thing. Insecurity is insidious. It creeps in while we aren't watching, then at the most inopportune time, rears its nasty head. Like when that co-worker stands, posed for attention, sucking up to the clueless boss. Like when that dear friend seems to have it all, yet still has energy to spare. Like when that clique doesn't include you. Like when that Miranda Kerr look-a-like walks past. Like when your husband slips up and glances at another woman. (Oh, no, I didn't!) You get the message.

Psalm 139:14 says: "I will praise Thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth quite well."

Few, I believe, are so insecure that Scripture doesn't quickly cut through the pain, but we do exist. It takes more time for some than others, and that doesn't feel good, but it's okay. If you are one of those people, please allow me to elaborate on verse 14 a little. It doesn't say, "I will praise Thee; for I feel like I am fearfully and wonderfully made...." It says that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I love that it says His works are "marvelous", because if God made you, guess what? You are mah-ve-lous, Darling!

Dear friend, I encourage you to continue reading the remainder of the Psalm. It is chock full of God's rich love for YOU, and it would take many lines for me to explain the vastness of it. I don't know that I could do it justice anyway, but I would be so happy if you would allow God to speak to your wounds as you read it in your own time.

In fact, the Bible is filled with love for you. Love is who He is, and you are the object of His affection. I pray that you and I learn to stop searching this world and find our security in Him only, for He truly is the only One who can give it to us.

Father, thank You for the marvelous, distinquished person who is reading this. Thank You for showering her with Your love and acceptance. She was in Your heart long before she was ever conceived; wow! Thank You for helping her to stop judging herself and start loving herself so that she may be whole. Help her forgive those who have hurt her so that she may begin to break free from the bondage of unforgiveness. Most importantly, heal her mind of the wounds people have inflicted on her over the years so that she can freely accept Your love. Thank You, Father, that whom the Son sets free is free indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment